Reminder: Black-Tie Affair

posted on: Wednesday, January 25, 2012

This weekend I will have the pleasure of heading down to Charleston, S.C. to accompany my boyfriend to their fraternity Formal. I will be sporting an old dress that I wore to my dear friend Chanel's wedding, as well as a fabulous pair of glitter shoes compliments of Katherine, and my prized sparkly necklace! 

For my reminder this week I'm going to share with you all how wonderful it is to dress up for a black-tie event. With dressing up for a special night my advice to you would be to enjoy the night and love the outfit you're in, you never want to feel self conscience or you won't enjoy the magic of the evening.

Here are 5 tips on ways to vamp up your dress and look your best for the camera:
   1. Add something that shows off your personal style whether it's a statement piece of jewelry, a hair pin, or a vintage brooch.
   2. For sex-appeal you could add a lace slip to a plain dress for added dimension, however don't wear under a skin tight dress as to avoid wrinkling. 
   3. Don't overdue your makeup! I know it's a special event but your date will notice if you layer on too much and the camera will definitely pick up the color difference between your face and neckline. 
   4. Don't wear a heavy gloss. Wearing something that shiny may give your face an oily appearance, and if your date is your boyfriend he won't enjoy having to rub that sticky gloss off after every smooch!
   5. According to Coco Chanel "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future," so ladies for that finishing touch of perfection add your favorite scent to your outfit to turn your dates head :) My go to scent it Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue.

The best thing for your night is to go out with confidence and have a wonderful time! I hope y'all enjoyed the tips! 

Xo, A

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Darcy All rights reserved. Theme by © Blog Milk . Developed by MA Creative.